1. Department of Statistics Malaysia (2021). Department of Statistics Malaysia Official Portal. [online] Dosm.gov.my. Available at: https://www.dosm.gov.my/v1/index.php?r=column/cone&menu_id=d1dTR0JMK2hUUUFnTnp5W UR2d3VBQT09.
2. data.worldbank.org. (2022). Life expectancy at birth, total (years) – Singapore | Data. Available at: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.LE00.IN?locations=SG&most_recent_value_desc=tr ue&ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000618
3. globalfirepower (2023). Comparison of Singapore and Malaysia Military Strengths (2021). [online] www.globalfirepower.com. Available at: https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.php?form=form&country1=singapore &country2=malaysia&Submit=COMPARE.
4. Weber, M. (1921) pg.1 Politics as a Vocation. [online] Available at:
http://fs2.american.edu/dfagel/www/Class%20Readings/Weber/PoliticsAsAVocation.pdf. 5. Heritage Foundation (2022). Singapore tops 2022 Index of Economic Freedom. [online] indexdotnet.azurewebsites.net. Available at: https://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.php?form=form&country1=singapore%20&country2=malaysia&Submit=COMPARE.
6. Bryson, J. (2019). A century of public housing: lessons from Singapore, where housing is a social, not financial, asset. [online] The Conversation. Available at:
https://theconversation.com/a-century-of-public-housing-lessons-from-singapore-where-housing-is-a -social-not-financial-asset-121141 Statistic retrieved from under the heading ‘Housing as a social asset’.
7. Bloomberg (2020). Why Singapore Has One of the Highest Home Ownership Rates. Bloomberg.com. [online] 8 Jul. Available at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-08/behind-the-design-of-singapore-s-low-cost-h ousing Paragraph beginning ‘In a policy that began in 1989’.
8. International Citizens Insurance (2021). Understanding Singapore’s Healthcare System. [online] International Citizens Insurance. Available at: https://www.internationalinsurance.com/health/systems/singapore.php#:~:text=Singapore.
9. OEC (2022). Singapore (SGP) Exports, Imports, and Trade Partners | OEC. [online] OEC – The Observatory of Economic Complexity. Available at: https://oec.world/en/profile/country/sgp#:~:text=Exports%20The%20top%20exports%20of.
10. Worldbank (2019). Ease of doing business index (1=most business-friendly regulations) – Singapore | Data. [online] data.worldbank.org. Available at: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IC.BUS.EASE.XQ?locations=SG.
11. BBC (2014). Singapore tops ranking of best place to do business. BBC News. [online] 20 Nov. Available at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30123422.
12. Wall Street Journal (2012). Malaysia Called Most Corrupt Country for Business. [online] www.wsj.com. Available at: https://www.wsj.com/video/malaysia-called-most-corrupt-country-for-business/84ACA11B-5DE6-4 677-828A-CD2D45B60AC6.html [Accessed 14 Feb. 2023].
13. BBC (2019). 1MDB: The playboys, PMs and partygoers around a global financial scandal. BBC News. [online] 1 Apr. Available at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-46341603 [Accessed 14 Feb. 2023].
14. Business Insider (2018). How a tiny city-state became a military powerhouse with the best air force and navy in Southeast Asia. [online] Business Insider. Available at: https://www.businessinsider.com/singapore-military-best-air-force-navy-southeast-asia-2018-4?r=U S&IR=T.
15. FMT (2021). Mandatory for 50% of aircraft deal to be in palm oil barter. [online] Free Malaysia Today. Available at: https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2021/07/16/mandatory-for-50-of-aircraft-deal-t o-be-in-palm-oil-barter/.
16. mymilitarytimes.com (2021). Could Malaysia Armed Forces Win a War against Singapore? [online] MY Military Times. Available at: https://mymilitarytimes.com/index.php/2021/12/23/is-it-true-that-malaysia-armed-forces-combat-rea dliness-is-terrible-as-compared-to-saf-how-could-they-win-a-war-against-singapore/ [Accessed 14 Feb. 2023].